‘BlackHole’ is the latest remote administration tool (RAT) and is available both in Windows and Mac.
Hacktool such RAT employs client-server program that communicates to its victim’s machine through its trojan server. The server application is installed on the victim while the client application is on the managing side.
- Remote execution of shell commands.
- Opens webpage using user’s default browser.
- Sends a message which is displayed on the victims screen.
- Creates a text file.
- It is capable to perform shutdown, restart and sleep operation.
- It is capable to request for admin privileges.
Also, it is also capable to block users screen with this message: please refer this image.
Be wary of possible backdoor infection. Report suspicious application, especially if it is communicating to unknown or unfamiliar remote server.
Note: While checking the client-server capability, I just thought that it would be useful to capture a video for reference. (recommended screen 720pHD)