I’m so occupied lately and one of the reason is our relocation. Some people thought relocating must be fun and exciting, but for me it’s a bunch of list to do and headache. This has been occupying my brain for the past couple of days, and here’s what I’d learned:
Early termination notification for
- consider Termination Fees
–> TIP: You need to keep an organize plan that will help you track all your schedule and activities.
- Finding Movers to take care of relocating your household goods
- Packing of household stuff
- Temporary Storage of your goods
–> TIP: Create a checklist of all your household goods, and send a request for quotation to 2-3 different movers company to get the best deal.
–> TIP: If you are new to the place, make sure your accommodation is accessible to public transportation, includes internet connection and telephone.
Finding New Place to Move In
- Search online and schedule for appointment to inspect the place
- Visit real estate or property management agent office
–> TIP: Make sure you know the requirement ahead of time and print at least 5 copies each of them. Usually, this includes passport/visa details, bank statement, billing statement, employer certificate and etc.
- Signing tenancy agreement
- Settling Amount
- Reconnection of Gas/Electric/Telephone
- Sending back the condition report
–> TIP: In condition report, make sure you put everything in notes so it will not deduct those damages after your tenancy term.
- contacting movers to relocate your household from temporary storage to your new address
- booking of lift and security (If required)
- unpacking & fixing
- buying new stuff again
Lastly, you should have enough funds to take care of everything.